Machine Builder / Millwright
The purpose of the position is to work for an OEM building specialized industrial equipment, which is utilized to destructively test welded metals. The ideal candidate will be able to perform tasks as described below. The Machine Builder / Millwright reports directly to the General Manager and Shop Foreman.
- Assemble, debug, modify and install specialized machinery in a time sensitive environment to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Responsible for the integration of fabricated and purchased electrical, mechanical and pneumatic components, manufactured details and sub-assemblies to construct machinery.
- Perform critical precision alignments and set-ups of mechanical components and systems and take measures to ensure integrity of set-up, using measuring instruments, such as calipers, gauges, and micrometers.
- Responsible for installing electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic components and sub-systems per schematics, wiring, plumbing, testing and optimizing system performance for cycle time and equipment durability concerns.
- Identify any technical issues with supplied materials, components and equipment.
- Responsible for identifying and correcting mechanical deficiencies in the build (regardless of source), and accurately documenting as built changes so engineering drawings can be updated.
- Responsible for organizing materials, workspace and work sequence in the most efficient manner for machine builds. Must identify all tools, fasteners, miscellaneous items and equipment required to complete tasks efficiently and work with plant manager to secure all required material in a timely manner.
- Participate in finish painting, packaging, rigging and installation of equipment.
- Operates machine to verify functioning, machine capabilities, and conformance to customer’s specifications.
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly work area.
Education & Qualifications:
- Licensed Industrial Mechanic (Millwright), Certified Tool and Die Maker, or Certified Engineering Technician is preferred or equivalent.
- Minimum two years technical education or training is required.
- High School Diploma is required.
- Minimum (10) years’ experience in machine building field (preferably industrial related), experience in manufacturing environment is an asset
- Demonstrated experience in building equipment utilizing the following technologies: electric motors, servos and starters, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, drive shafts, gears, pulleys, bearings, clamping mechanisms, abrasive cutting systems.
- Familiarity with manufacturing environments and concepts of lean manufacturing.
- Familiarity with modern electrical controls technologies as they apply to automated equipment (e.g. PLC’s, HMI’s, safety devices, and instrumentation).
- Strong working knowledge of machine shop practices.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and understanding of mechanical fundamentals as they apply to machinery and equipment.
- Strong mechanical troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to set up and use machine shop equipment, such as milling and grinding machines, to safely and efficiently shape and fabricate parts.
- Ability to weld common metals (STICK/MIG/TIG) encountered in machine building is an asset.
- Understanding of basic machinery rigging principles and the ability to operate overhead cranes, chain falls, pallet trucks, forklifts, etc.
- Good working knowledge of Machinery Safeguarding Principles and Standards – ability to identify shortcomings or deficiencies and correct.
- Good working knowledge of pneumatic/hydraulic control circuits.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time while maintaining focus.
- Ability to work overtime as required and travel throughout the United States, approximately six times a year (fluctuates with sales).
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license and access to insured vehicle.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to perform under strict time constraints and have flexibility and adaptability to work on various tasks assigned.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and disciplined work approach.
Why Triangle Engineering:
Being a 4th generation family business we truly believe our success starts with our employees and as a small company of less than twenty people you’re not treated like just a number, so come join the TEI family!
- Competitive Salary
- 100% Paid Health Insurance
- 100% Paid Group Life Insurance
- Dental & Vision Reimbursements
- Excellent Profit Sharing Plan
- Ten Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
Qualified individuals can submit their resume with cover letter to email@example.com
In a pinch and need your destructive testing completed ASAP? Give us a call at 781-878-1500 and ask about our 24 hour expedited testing services!
Our test kits provide the materials and info you need to become a qualified welder in accordance with AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code-Steel.
We also offer various pipe and plate coupon combo boxes for individual welder training and testing needs!
Check out the AWS Test Kits & Combo Boxes page under the “Online Store” tab on our main page.
HY80 & HY100 / F6NM / AR400 / P9A SA203 GR.B G1 / P9B SA203 GR.E G1 / P10C SA612 G1 / P33 SB96 C65500 / P44 SB333 N10675
Give us a call if you need any of these materials, we have quantities in stock!